Eating foods that are in season is important and carries benefits to your health, the planet, and your wallet. Here are some of them.
- Help you Set SMART Goals: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-bound goals.
- Retrain the way you Think: Health coaches help clients establish positive self-talk, by identifying and correcting negative, erroneous, unproductive beliefs.
- Overcome Barriers: A health coach can help you overcome internal and external barriers that are preventing you from achieving good health. Not enough time, too much on your plate, not enough resources, these are all barriers that a person may face, barriers which a health coach will help you with and help you work around.
- Take Ownership: A health coach will empower you to take ownership of your experience and create positive, lasting lifestyle changes that will enhance your life and your journey toward health and wellness.
Functional Health Coaching differs from traditional health coaching in that:
- I utilize a number of personal health questionnaires to assess where you are currently in terms of your health.
- Based on your main complaints, your symptoms, and a detailed background of your health history, I recommend and come up with an individual protocol that is tailored to YOU.
- We will review the protocol and work through it TOGETHER. We will work on Diet, Rest, Exercize, Stress Reduction, and Supplements, the foundation of my work as a Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner.
I have been there too! I have struggled with hormonal problems, lack of libido, thyroid issues, weight loss resistance, and intense fatigue. And guess what – I have worked with, and helped, clients, struggling with these same issues. I am here to help you, and that’s why you found me. Let’s get started!
How are Sessions Conducted ?
The consultation will occur on the Zoom Video Conference platform, so you will need to have the Zoom App loaded on your device (Computer, Tablet or Smartphone). If you are more comfortable with phone consultations please add that in the Comments section when booking your session with Jennifer.
How do I prepare for my first session ?
Make sure you download the Acknowledgement of Health and Wellness exchange form, click here. In working with Jennifer you will also need to download the above forms for her to review with you at your first session.
How long does each session last ?
Each session lasts 50 minutes.
What is My Investment?
Working with Jennifer can be done as a single session, or you can purchase a package of 4 sessions. The cost of a single session is $ 100, and a package of 4 sessions is $ 395.
What can I expect out of each session ?
Working with Jennifer means health goal setting, and creating and implementing a plan to achieve those goals. Planning includes a holistic perspective of addressing everything from diet, rest, exercize, stress reduction, and supplements.
How does functional health coaching differ from standard health coaching?
As a trained FDN, Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner, Jennifer is trained to look and the body and mind holistically. A deep health history is integral to functional health coaching, as well as an investigating and addressing the five pillars of health: Diet, Rest, Exercise, Stress Reduction, and Supplements (the foundation of the FDN coursework).
As a trained FDN, Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner, Jennifer is trained to look and the body and mind holistically. A deep health history is integral to functional health coaching, as well as investigating and addressing the five pillars of health: Diet, Rest, Exercise, Stress Reduction, and Supplements (the foundation of her FDN coursework).
In addition, functional health coaching means always looking upstream for the root cause of symptoms. As an example, the headache does not mean you have a deficiency of Tylenol or aspirin, it means your body is telling you something is off, and you need to address it. Searching upstream means a person’s health history, as well as addressing stress in one’s life, are critical. It also means that working together with a client, and teaching them and educating them on their health such that they feel empowered to take control of their health themselves alongside me as their guide.