Effective: April 2019
How We Collect and Use Information
We may collect and store personal or other information that you voluntarily supply to us online while using the Site (e.g., while on the Site or in responding via email to a feature provided on the Site). https://www.vnl.life only contacts individuals who specifically request and consent that we do so or in the event that they have signed up to receive our messaging, attended one of our events, or have purchased one of our products. https://www.vnl.life collects personally identifying information from our users during online registration and online purchasing with consent. Generally, this information includes name and e-mail address for registration or opt-in purposes and name, postal address, and credit card information when registering for our events or purchasing products on the Site. All of this information is consensually provided to us by you.
We also with your consent collect and store information that is generated automatically as you navigate online through the Site. For example, we may collect information about your computer’s connection to the Internet, which allows us, among other things, to improve the delivery of our web pages to you and to measure traffic on the Site. We also may use a standard feature found in browser software called a “cookie” to enhance your experience with the Site. Cookies are small files that your web browser places on your hard drive for record-keeping purposes. By showing how and when visitors use the Site, cookies help us deliver advertisements, identify how many unique users visit us, and track user trends and patterns. They also prevent you from having to re-enter your preferences on certain areas of the Site where you may have entered preference information before. The Site also may use web beacons (single-pixel graphic files also known as “transparent GIFs”) to access cookies and to count users who visit the Site or open HTML-formatted email messages. You may control use of the Site’s cookies with the settings for your web browser.
Please keep in mind that whenever you consent to making your personal information available for viewing by third parties online – for example on message boards, in blog comments, through email, or in chat areas – that information can be seen, collected and used by others besides us. We cannot be responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of such information.
We may, on occasion, email you a survey, or post one on the Site, in which you will be asked to provide certain information related to products and services you have purchased from us, as well as certain health-related information. The results of the surveys will be used to inform our marketing strategies; determine what products or services our customers desire; assess the quality of, and customer satisfaction with, products and/or services offered on the Site; and to otherwise improve the quality of the Site, products and services offered on the Site, and overall customer satisfaction. These surveys will not require, nor ask for, any personally identifying information, such as your name, address, email address, or credit card information. Your participation in these surveys is voluntary. Your answers to these surveys will be completely anonymous, and we will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that no identifying information is inadvertently collected. If such information is inadvertently collected, we will delete it. If you do not wish to receive these surveys by email, you may opt out of them by clicking the link provided at the bottom of each survey communication or contact our Online Privacy Coordinator to request that your email address be removed from the survey list.
Be aware that we may occasionally release information about our visitors when release is required to comply with law or to protect the rights, property or safety of users of the Site or the public.
Please also note that as our business grows, we may buy or sell various assets. In the unlikely event that we sell some or all of our assets, or one or more of our websites is acquired by another company, information about our users may be among the transferred assets.
You may contact our Online Privacy Coordinator at any time to request the information we store about you, or to delete your information or data. We will reply to these requests within the time requirements of applicable law.
We also use Google Analytics Advertiser Features to optimize our business. Advertiser features include:
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform integrations
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
By enabling these Google Analytics Display features, we are required to notify our visitors by disclosing the use of these features and that we and third-party vendors use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) or other first-party identifiers, and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to gather data about your activities on our Site. Among other uses, this allows us to contact you if you begin to fill out our check-out form but abandon it before completion with an email reminding you to complete your order. The “Remarketing” feature allows us to reach people who previously visited our Site, and match the right audience with the right advertising message.
We abide by Facebook’s Data Use Restrictions.
- Any ad data collected, received or derived from our Facebook ad (“Facebook advertising data”) is only shared with someone acting on our behalf, such as our service provider. We are responsible for ensuring that our service providers protect any Facebook advertising data or any other information obtained from us, limit our use of all of that information, and keep it confidential and secure.
- We do not use Facebook advertising data for any purpose (including retargeting, commingling data across multiple advertisers’ campaigns, or allowing piggybacking or redirecting with tags), except on an aggregate and anonymous basis (unless authorized by Facebook) and only to assess the performance and effectiveness of our Facebook advertising campaigns.
- We do not use Facebook advertising data, including the targeting criteria for a Facebook ad, to build, append to, edit, influence, or augment user profiles, including profiles associated with any mobile device identifier or other unique identifier that identifies any particular user, browser, computer or device.
- We do not transfer any Facebook advertising data (including anonymous, aggregate, or derived data) to any ad network, ad exchange, data broker or other advertising or monetization related service.
Children’s Privacy Statement
This children’s privacy statement explains our practices with respect to the online collection and use of personal information from children under the age of thirteen, and provides important information regarding their rights under federal law with respect to such information.
- This Site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do NOT knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site. We screen users who wish to provide personal information in order to prevent users under the age of thirteen from providing such information. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from a user under the age of thirteen as part of the Site, we will delete such information from our records. If we change our practices in the future, we will obtain prior, verifiable parental consent before collecting any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site.
- Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site, we also do NOT knowingly distribute such information to third parties.
- We do NOT knowingly allow children under the age of thirteen to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information through the Site.
- Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site, we do NOT condition the participation of a child under thirteen in the Site’s online activities on providing personally identifiable information.
We accept payments through PayPal and Stripe. When processing payments, some of your data will obviously be passed to PayPal or Stripe (depending on the processor you choose / is provided at checkout), including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information. Please see the PayPal and Stripe Privacy Policies for further details.
How do we store your information?
Your information is stored at the list server that delivers https://www.vnl.life content and messaging. Your information can only be accessed by those who help manage those lists in order to deliver e-mail to those who would like to receive https://www.vnl.life material.
All of the messaging or emails that are sent to you by https://www.vnl.life include an unsubscribe link in them. You can remove yourself at any time from our mailing list by clicking on the unsubscribe link that can be found in every communication that we send you.